When teaching at DTU, you can always book a tailor-suited course for your students by DTU Library. We teach approx. 4000 people from DTU each year and have extensive experience in customizing content and format for different needs.
As a lecture at DTU, you are welcome to contact DTU Library to hear what you can get out of a tailor-made course for your students. We would be happy to meet with you and plan together.
We have an ambition to always contribute to teaching, projects, and assignments with high academic quality. Therefore, we also offer you and your students the opertunity to contact us after the course, if there is a need for a more detailed follow-up or personalised feedback.
With our teaching your students will learn how to:
- search in DTU Findit
- What is DTU Findit?
- What content is available?
- How do I get access to articles and books in pdf?
- How do I save my search result and documents?
- How can I share relevant articles and books with my DTU peers?
- How can I export references to Mendeley or equivalent reference tools?
- find relevant literature for their projecks
- What is a good search strategy?
- What search tips and tricks are important?
- Where should I search?
- How do I select the right literatur to use?
- Which type of research literature is relevant for different purposes?
- evaluate their sources
- What is the differences between searching in Google compared to using DTU Library?
- How can I evaluate the credibility of a reference?
- Which parts of a book or an article should I focus on?
- cite their sources correctly
- What can the reference tool Mendeley be used for?
- What is good practice when working with your references?
- How can I avoid plagiarism?
- How do I cite correctly?
- What format to chose for citations and reference lists?
Your students will also
- get feedback on search process and search results
- When have I done enough searching?
- What if I cannot find anything about my subject?
- How do I limit the amount of information if I have too much?
- What can the library in Lyngby and Ballerup offer?
- How to navigate the library's website?
- What information can I get from DTU Library via Facebook?
- How to book group rooms and equipment?
- be introduced to the study environment in the library - open 24/7
- How can I book a librarian to support my search for literature?
- How can I contact DTU Library if I need help or have a question?
- What courses, workshops, and events are held at DTU Library?
- learn about the toolbox - Other search tools
- What databases and reference tools are relevante for my subject field?
- How to navigate, in more than 100 different search tools, in "Other search tools"?
- What is the difference between "Other search tools" and DTU Findit?