Bibliometric analyses are important for the executive board, departments and administration of DTU. The analyses support the DTU strategies by making visible the high quality of research and products.
Different analyses are made: of publications, citations and impact at research group and department level - as well as analyses of the total performance of the university.
The analyses contribute to e.g.:
- The DTU annual report
- Annual reports of departments
- International department evaluations
- Assessment of the impact of DTU compared to other international elite universities
- Analyses of the international research collaborations of DTU
- Applications for foundations and recommendations for rewards, including notice of h-index.
Tasks relating to the international university ranking lists:
- Monitors the university ranking lists, e.g. THE World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings, Leiden Ranking and Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Analyses indicators and basis of calculation
- Maintains list of rankings at dtu.dk, illustrating the present position of DTU.