DTU Library will decide - within the set financial frame - whether DTU should own the information resource or whether the material should be obtained through interlibrary collaboration.
We evaluate all proposals for purchase according to the following criteria:
- DTU Library primarily acquires information resources relevant to research and teaching at DTU.
- As a rule, we acquire the material in electronic form for the use of all of DTU. Material in print will be placed in the printed collections at DTU Library.
- With the exception of compendiums, notes and class sets, textbooks in print used for teaching purposes are placed in the DTU Library textbook collections.
- In general, DTU Library only acquires recent information resources i.e. published within the last five years. However, evaluating requests on a case-by-case basis, taking both price and demand into consideration, we may make exceptions to this rule.
- DTU Library primarily acquires information resources in English or Danish.