Friday 10 Mar 17
Apply for this job
Apply no later than 24 March 2017
Apply for the job at DTU Fotonik by completing the following form.
DTU Fotonik invites applications for an appointment as Project Manager in the Diode Laser and LED System Group.
DTU Fotonik at the Technical University of Denmark is one of the largest European institutes within photonics. DTU Fotonik cooperates with an extensive network of both Danish and international research institutions, organizations and business entities. For more information about the department, see www.fotonik.dtu.dk.
The research and development area on LED systems is based on competences within new LED system, spectral design, numerical modeling, optimization of LED optical and thermal systems, and on state-of-the-art facilities for testing and characterization of LED systems. With the rapid growth in LED technology, there is an international increase and urgent need for accurate testing and characterization of solid-state lighting (SSL) products. The aim is to be among the leading LED light characterization laboratories in the world for testing and benchmarking of LED systems. The laboratory runs a national benchmarking project with the Danish Energy Association and performs commercial tests of SSL products for Danish industry. The research group heads and participates in research and development projects on specific applications of LED technology, from optical sensing to general lighting.
The applicant’s primary task will be to
- Lead the relevant scientific and organizational parts of the EURAMET funded research project EMPIR PhotoLED
- utilize the results of the above project in the continuing development of the facilities at DOLL photonics greenlab
- seek out new opportunities within research and innovation through collaboration with industry and academia
- preparation of project applications for external funding within the field of light source test and characterization and its applications
- participate in journal publications and scientific conferences
- Teach within university as well as towards industry, on lighting and light measurement
- Collaborate in international standardization and harmonization activities
- General outreach and knowledge dissemination
- Holds a Ph.D. or similar level and have extensive experience within the field of light measurement and characterization
- Is able to independently bring ideas into practice, and work in teams towards common goals
What we offer in return
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community. We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization. We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, DTU is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The workplace is DTU Fotonik, Risø Campus.
Application and contact
Please submit your online application no later than Friday, 24 March 2017. Open the "Apply online" link, fill out the form and attach your motivated application, CV and exam certificates.
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Professor Paul Michael Petersen, tel. +45 4677 4512.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU Fotonik has 220 employees with competences in optics and is one of the largest centers in the world based solely on research in photonics. Research is performed within optical sensors, lasers, LEDs, photovoltaics, ultra-high speed optical transmission systems, bio-photonics, nano-optics and quantum photonics.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.